Took the Darracq out on Sunday for a run with a whole lot of French cars starting with “D” for Delage. It all started well and on arrival at the starting point some 80Km from here I checked the underside and discovered an acceptable vintage sized oil stain on the tarmac certainly not the puddle previously deposited. We headed off on a rather circuitous route of 116 km to lunch, at about the 100km mark the Darracq started missing and as I was starting to hold everyone up I pulled over and discovered the radiator had turned into a sprinkler system, among other things dowsing the magneto.
There was not just one hole, there were many and the radiator still had “Bars Leaks” in it or should I say some. So more epoxy putty and having learned from my last episode on the side of the road as soon as the stuff was in place I started the engine to get it warm as a hot radiator sets the epoxy off and ensures I get a hot lunch.
It appears that the whole core is paper thin so another car off the road while I dig for copper.